...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

-POPS-

Yesterday we wanted to do something fun but couldn't decide with or without the kids! I wanted to go to McNellies for their $3 burger special on Wednesday nights but when I looked them up online I decided we better not take the kids. However, some Wednesday we will be getting a sitter and trying this out for a fun/cheap night out.=) After reading their menu though, I'm not sure if I can settle for a burger. It looks delicious! I've always wanted to go to Pops but never seem to remember and yesterday we did! It was SOO fun and the food was AMAZING. Seemed as if everything was homemade, which it is, but OMG even the ranch and gravy were homemade. I heard their chicken strips were really good and the menu said "hand dipped" which I KNEW they HAD to be good. B wanted the Western burger which was their special but decided on the Quesadilla instead. I ordered the girls a burger basket to split and then ended up getting the strips for myself with fried okra and to my surprise the okra was fried in whole. NEVER seen it like this before and I found it brilliant and now I can't wait to try frying it myself at home. B got the quesadilla and then talked me into ordering just a single cheeseburger for us to split. YES you read this correct. We each had a meal, plus the milkshake he and the girls shared and split a cheeseburger. Let me re-assure you--there was NOTHING left on ANYONES plates or in the kids basket! Lots of fun and we were SUPER stuffed. We didn't even try a pop we were so miserable! We'll save that for next time.