...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sandbox saga.....

Jada has LOOOOVED the sandbox at school every since they re-filled it the 2nd year she had been attending. When she was two we had issues with sand getting inside her pullup and causing infections so they were more or less bathing her EVERY day after they came in from recess.

She then moved up to the older class and I was SO relieved to know (inside my head) she had a new playground and that meant the end of the sandbox. WRONG! New playground--yes BUT with a BIGGER and DEEPER sandbox. I have dealt with sandy hair, sandy shoes, sandy wood floors after I take her clothes off, sandy carseats and CONSTANTLY sand in her bedroom rug. I AM SO TIRED OF SAND!

Around Easter I noticed a spot on her shoulder that I thought was Eczema. I did think to myself, hmmmm this almost looks like a ringworm but knew we don't have cats and have NEVER been around cats. If you know me I DO NOT do pets of ANY sort. Easter Sunday it grew overnight to become the size of a quarter and I could see the actual ring and KNEW we had our first ringworm on our hands. What the heck? No cats but a ringworm? HMMMMMMMMMM so I got Lotrimen and bandaids and cleared the ringworm away. Last week ANOTHER one appeared and THEN it hit me---SANDBOX! OOOOOH was I heated and READY to tell the daycare the EXACT reason they needed to EMPTY that thing (other than all of my sandy saga stories) WELL appears she's the ONLY child who has or had a ringworm so therefore they couldn't "prove" it was their sandbox. Well really how many parents just freely tell of their child having a ringworm? haha! I did because I am doing ANYTHING possible to get rid of that NASTY sandbox and this is why...YES this is the bottom of my bathtub last week!!! Jadas best friend had poured so much sand in her hair that as SOON as I picked her up I could see it in her braids as she walked towards me. I pushed down and it was as if you were pushing your finger into a sandbag that was extremely full and your fingernail could only go so far. DISGUSTING. LIVID. WILL IT END? I took these pictures into the office and showed them my reasonings behind HATING the sandbox but apparently Im the only parent who has a problem with it. Well so now they have to deal with hearing her whine and cry as she is the ONLY kid NOT allowed to play in the sandbox anymore. Does this make me a bad parent ;-)! If it does OH WELL!